Tuesday 24 July 2012

Vintage Rouge

The garden is nearly finished, well as good as I care to have it really, and so I can go back to writing and quilting, hooray.
I find that writing this blog each morning is helpful for loosening up the brain and today I am going to show you my latest project, well I have two really.  One is called Vintage Rouge and is a block of the month and I am hoping the first block will turn up today.  Here is the finished quilt -
Vintage Rouge

Lovely and pink.  Here is the first block of which I need to make four -

Photobucket


And here it is finished and quilted up -


Block#1 by Aunt Reen


I think they are the first blocks away from the centre medallion.  I love the fabrics, but of course you can't really tell the colours on the net.


I have found instructions for easier piecing on a lovely website in the States, this started in May 2012 and the blogger is going to put on instructions for each month - it is a 6 month block of the month.


I am also going to make two more twisted bags, as in the day class I attended.  I will take a photo of the almost finished one and put it here.  I woke up this morning thinking how to improve it, and I do think that incorporating the lining into the quilting is the way to go.  Anyway, will give it a go with 10 inch rather than 6 inch squares to make a much bigger bag.  Photo later.  I am looking for a lovely layer cake (40 ten inch squares of co-ordinating fabric that will make two bags) to use for the bigger bag and when I find it I will let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment